General Data Protection Regulation – Our commitment to Data Privacy
This policy and relationship applies between you, the User of this Website and DE Group, the owner and provider of this Website. DE Group takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This extends to our use of any and all Data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website. Please read this carefully.
Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to DE Group via the website
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (cookies);
DE Group, we or us: Testerworld Ltd, trading as DE Group, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 02008846 whose registered office is at Unit 7 Regents Drive, Low Prudhoe Industrial Estate, Prudhoe, Northumberland, NE42 6PX;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
A Processor, User or You: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by DE Group and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to DE Group and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the Website that you are currently using, https://de-group.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- In this document, unless the context requires a different interpretation:
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- This applies only to the actions of DE Group and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- Order information
in each case, in accordance with the appropriate regulations.
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, DE Group is the “data controller”.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the regulations and will only be processed fairly and lawfully and be within the scope of Conditions for Processing set out within the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- Order fulfilment;
in each case, in accordance with this document.
Third party websites and services
- DE Group may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services will be known as Processors and should also comply with their regulation obligations.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Personal Data
- You have control over giving the consent that we would require to process your transaction and personal data. Consent can be retracted at any point you deem appropriate.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by DE Group (where such Data is held), which (depending on the nature of the request) may incur a small fee. This is known as a Subject Access Request and is guided by the Information Commissioners Office.
- Data security is of great importance to DE Group and to protect Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site, therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Orders processing related cookiesThis site offers allows you to place orders online, and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order details (such as basket contents) are remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Third Party Cookies
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site, whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does impact the features you use on our site.
However if you would like more information, please send your enquiries to [email protected]